Basevital Gelatine for your Pantry
|BASEVITAL distributed by Healthy and Agile is food grade gelatine which is used all over the world in the manufacture of many goods, including plasma, medicinal gel caps, jelly, icecream and marshmallows to name but a few. It is getting harder for the home baker to source gelatine for cooking at retail outlets due to the reluctance of supermarkets to stock items that come from a manufacturer offering only one product.
Our cooking gelatine is now readily available in 500gm packs. It is 100% Australian made, that is to say Australian cattle are used and it is produced and packaged right here in Queensland. Our cooking gelatine is made to the highest safety standards with all required testing in place making it a safe and trusted product.
|Food grade gelatine is 88% protein, the remaining 12% comprising water and residual salts ( while hydrolysed collagen contains at least 97% protein). Both contain 18 amino acids with 50% of the total amino acid content consisting of proline, aniline, hydroxyproline and glycine, which have beneficial properties that are not found with any other sources of protein.
Benefits of Gelatin
Food grade gelatine is not only sought after for its gelling properties in cooking but as a protein supplement. It differs essentially from many other protein products in that it contains ten to twenty times the usual amount of glycine and proline. These amino acids are important building blocks in connective tissue and are responsible for skins firmness and elasticity.
In spite of a “luxury nutritional lifestyle”, many people, without actually realizing it, suffer from amino acid deficiency. Lack of the amino acids glycine and proline for example can cause brittle fingernails, dull, split hair and joint pain after sustained physical activity. Cooking gelatine is not just a necessary ingredient in many recipes. 15 gms taken daily dissolved in hot liquid will have a build-up effect in the body resulting in stronger nails and joint cartilage and improved hair quality. It is also singularly beneficial for joint, bone and gut health. A teaspoon taken at bedtime in a warm drink can even help with a better night’s sleep due to the properties of glycine.